Wednesday 23 April 2014

Climbing the Matterhorn. Roped up!



Climbing the MATTERHORN
Roped up!


My guide and mentor has brought to my attention that I give the impression that we climbed unroped!  I do note that I said "not being roped up meant we climbed fast, moving together"...OF COURSE WE WERE ROPED UP...........from outside the Hornli Hut until we arrived back at the end of the day.  But we did move together, fast, with coils carried...there is a note where I say "..while a belay was set up.." well that required us to be roped up!! tied together, each at the end of one rope!  Hope that clarifies my unintentional omission.  I was concentrating in my mind on the mountain, and the speed, and the wonder of the whole day.  Rob took meticulous care of me at all times, belaying me up the Moseley Slab, where I had a rest, and up and down the fixed ropes.  We did the whole thing in guide book time.  Time has passed, and I forgot the details!



No comments:

Post a Comment